which we call God’s Word,
contains the family stories
of how God has come to our world
to help us become a new kind of community,
living the way God wants us to live.
It tells us what God wants to say to us:
how much God loves us and wants to be with us,
and how we are to live with one another
in the community of Jesus’ friends, called the Church.
Because it is God’s Word, we read or listen to it
as if God or Jesus himself is talking to us.
Whether at church or at home,
we quiet ourselves and listen to hear its message.
When we have made its message our own,
we seek to share that message with others
through our words and our lives.
We are all missionary disciples
Reading Your Bible: The Journey That Will Change Your Life by Steve Mueller is a free 20 page booklet inviting individuals to begin the journey. Questions for journaling and discussion follow each of the eight topics:
1) The journey that will change your life
2) Your Bible journey
3) The Bible journey: taking care of business
4) God's mystery in our history
5) Bible reading: gateway to a renewed relationship
6) Discovering new worlds
7) Meeting new and fascinating people
8) What are you really seeking?